Morgan Freeman and His Quotes
“The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit trying”.
His own ever inspiring quote nearly summarizes the life of one of the brilliant actors in Hollywood – Morgan Freeman. Hailing from a poor family, he is truly an inspiration to rise up from the ashes and reaching all the way to ever growing horizons of success that remains a dream for millions.
His life is replenished with tremendous success stories. Starting from his acting career, he never waited to become old enough to start acting. He took off his acting career right form his school and since then, there was no turning back. Although he tried once to become a pilot, but his acting instinct pulled him again towards the acting career later on.
In addition to that, he has a tremendous following due to his views about the theory of existence of God, his motivational quotes, his charitable work and views towards anti-racism in USA and the world. He has risen up to a stature that if Morgan Freeman is there in a cast of any movie, it becomes a must-watch for many movie lovers.
Some of his inspiring and thought provoking quotes are listed below:
- “Challenge yourself; it’s the only path which leads to growth” – Morgan Freeman
- “How are we going to get rid of racism? Stop talking about it” – Morgan Freeman
- “Is there a movie I think I should have won the Oscar for? Yeah. All of them.” – Morgan Freeman
- “People need to start to think about the messages that they send in the movies.” – Morgan Freeman
- “I am going to stop calling you a white man and I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man.” – Morgan Freeman
- “If your life turns out to be good and you have tremendous amount of luck in your life, it is a good thing to turn around and make it work for others” – Morgan Freeman
- “Learning how to be still, to really be still and let life happen – that stillness becomes a radiance.” – Morgan Freeman
- “I don’t want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.” – Morgan Freeman
- “You’re going to relegate my history to a month.” – Morgan Freeman
- “When I was a teenager, I began to settle into school because I’d discovered the extracurricular activities that interested me: music and theater.” – Morgan Freeman
- “As you grow in this business, you learn how to do more with less.” – Morgan Freeman
- “I don’t get off on romantic parts. But I often think if I had had my dental work done early on, well, maybe.” – Morgan Freeman
- “There’s no mystery to it. Nothing more complicated than learning lines and putting on a costume.” – Morgan Freeman
- “I don’t have to work. I could stop and never have to worry about paying the rent. I’m working for the joy of doing it.” – Morgan Freeman
- “Life doesn’t offer you promises whatsoever so it’s very easy to become, ‘Whatever happened to… ?’ It’s great to be wanted. I spent a few years not being wanted and this is better.” – Morgan Freeman
- “Once you’ve gotten the job, there’s nothing to it. If you’re an actor, you’re an actor. Doing it is not the hard part. The hard part is getting to do it.” – Morgan Freeman
- “I knew at an early age I wanted to act. Acting was always easy for me. I don’t believe in predestination, but I do believe that once you get where ever it is you are going, that is where you were going to be.” – Morgan Freeman
- “We humans are more concerned with having than with being.” – Morgan Freeman
- “I like the character roles. Somewhere back there I really came to the conclusion in my mind that the difference between acting and stardom was major. And that if you become a star, people are going to go to see you. If you remain an actor, they’re going to go and see the story you’re in.” – Morgan Freeman
- “One of the things you can always depend on – this is one of the truths of the universe, and you heard it first from here – whatever we decide we want to do is what we do.” – Morgan Freeman
- “Don’t be different just for different’s sake. If you see it differently, function that way. Follow your own muse, always.” – Morgan Freeman
- “I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you gotta keep dancing, you gotta keep your feet moving.” – Morgan Freeman
Some of the quotes by Morgan Freeman’s lovers have been listed below that broadly define his incredible personality.
- “I want to keep on progressing. I definitely think acting is a long process to be one of the greats like Morgan Freeman or Jack Nicholson.” (Nathan Gamble)
- “Morgan Freeman is so class. He’s so cool. He’s so scary.” (Jim Carrey)
- “Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman are just incredible.” (Colin O’Donoghue)
- “Morgan Freeman is a very giving actor.” (Austin Stowell)
- “I’ve always kinda wanted to work with Morgan Freeman, Tom Cruise, and people like that. Probably Will Smith, too.” (Cayden Boyd)
- “You don’t try to do anything that Morgan Freeman does. He was the voice of God in a movie. That’s Morgan Freeman!” (Tyler Perry)
- “I always figured I would live long enough to see a black president. The movies predicted it. Usually, Morgan Freeman.” (John Legend)
- “99.9% of the time, the people we see worked for it. People like Morgan Freeman and Harry Connick, Jr. work every day to continue the status that they have.” (Austin Stowell)