What is the meaning of priority?
Prioritising means to order activities and tasks in important orders. For example, in real life situation, we priorise our health, jobs, relationships and family over anything else, prioritisation helps sturture our lives, and it allows us to complete tasks and duties accordingly.
What does it mean to prioritise?
To priorise it means to execute tasks and duties in order of what you think is most important at a specific time or for future events. To list a few, we prioritise, health, relationship, family, and self-care. All these need to be given a priority depending on an individual choice. Most people take life, health, and family as the most priority; others might take faith and career to be their priority. Prioritisation is managed differently in everyones life.
2. “I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can’t truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.” – Zig Ziglar
3. “People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully.” – Steve Jobs
4. “Don’t sweat the small stuff; however, on the key stuff, sweat everything.” ― Orrin Woodward
5. “Life is about doing things that matter first, not last.” – Richie Norton
7. “What you prioritise defines your life.” – BossBabe
8. “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress” – Barack Obama
9. “What seems so necessary today may not even be desirable tomorrow.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
10. “If it’s a priority you’ll find a way. If it isn’t, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn
12. “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.” ― Bruce Lee
13. “Instead of saying “I don’t have time” try saying “it’s not a priority,” and see how that feels.” – Laura Vanderkam
14. “One of the things I realized is that if you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don’t prioritise yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list, your kids fall lower and lower on your list.” – Michelle Obama
15. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose” – Bill Gates
17. “Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing.” – Albert Einstein
18. “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make happiness a priority. It’s necessary.” – Mandy Hale
19. “Refrain to-night, and that shall lend a kind of easiness. To the next abstinence, the next more easy. For use almost can change the stamp of nature. And either master the devil or throw him out. With wondrous potency.” ― William Shakespeare
20. “Let us reflect on what is truly of value in life, what gives meaning to our lives, and set our priorities on the basis of that.” – Dalai Lama
21. “You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.” – Charles Bixton
22. “I’m a big girl. I prioritise. I want to be acting, I want to be singing, but there will be time for that.” – Dana Reeve
23. “Life is short. Focus on what really matters most; you should change your priorities over time.” – Roy T. Bennett
24. “My general attitude to life is to enjoy every minute of every day. I never do anything with a feeling of, “Oh God, I’ve got to do this today”” – Richard Branson
25. “If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one.” – Russian Proverb
27. “Making the family a top priority will invariably bring success.” – Zig Ziglar
28. “Luck is only important in so far as getting the chance to sell yourself at the right moment. After that, you’ve got to have talent and know how to use it” – Frank Sinatra
29. “The overall effect of the Kid Vid rules has been to force networks to prioritise less popular content. Some of this programming attracts reliable viewership among older children, but younger children largely aren’t watching.” – Michael O’Rielly
30. “When you have too many top priorities, you effectively have no top priorities.” – Stephen Covey
32. “Sometimes things in life happen that allow us to understand our priorities very clearly.” – Mariska Hargitay
33. “It’s been a very remarkable year, and I feel very blessed. I lived an isolated lifestyle before the media. I lived a life of solitude and loyalty and commitment to my work. I just don’t prioritise my life in the same way that other people do. The only thing that matters is my music and my performance.” – Lady Gaga
34. “It is no good getting furious if you get stuck. What I do is keep thinking about the problem but work on something else” – Stephen Hawking
35. “Be a father first. Don’t put a priority of being a friend with your wife first, or a friend with your kids first.” – Hulk Hogan
37. “Self-care has become a new priority – the revelation that it’s perfectly permissible to listen to your body and do what it needs.”– Frances Ryan
38. “Know what matters most to you and be unwilling to compromise those priorities at almost any price.” – Frank Sonnenberg
39. “Also, I’m always learning better and better how to prioritise and how to leave certain things for the next day.” – Lisa Loeb
40. “I’m quite an independent person, and I had to be. As a boy and growing into a young man I had to look out for myself. And now I’m very family-oriented. It’s a big priority in my life.” – Hugh Jackman