What is Sports?
A sport is an activity that refers to competitive physical activity. Sports are commonly referred to as physical athletics or activities based on physical skills to play for fun. These quotes on sports will explain the meaning of sports.
What are the types of sports?
There are many types of sports but some are the following:
- Motorized Sports
- Mountain Sports
- Extreme Sports
- Ball Sports
- Strength and Agility Sports
- Aquatic Sports
- Adventure Sports
Why is a sport important in our life?
Sports are important, it helps us maintain our character, energy, and strength which improves our blood circulation and keep us physically fit. It also improves mental sharpness and stability. Regular sports activities motivate us and lead us to good health.
What are the most popular sports in the world?
Football is the most popular sports activity in the world. There are 3.5 billion estimated fans of football in the world. After this Cricket, Basketball, and Hockey are the most popular sports in the world.
45 Quotes On Sports
1. “When you’re riding, only the race in which you’re riding is important.” – Bill Shoemaker
2. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
3. “The difference between the old ballplayer and the new ballplayer is the jersey. The old ballplayer cared about the name on the front. The new ballplayer cares about the name on the back.” – Steve Garvey
4. “Number one is just to gain a passion for running. To love the morning, to love the trail, to love the pace on the track. And if some kid gets really good at it, that’s cool too.” – Pat Tyson
7. “You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.” — Arthur Ashe
8. “Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire, it has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sport can create hope, where once there was only despair. It is more powerful than governments in breaking down racial barriers. It laughs in the face of all types of discrimination.” – Nelson Mandela
9. “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses − behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” – Muhammad Ali
10. “You have to do something in your life that is honorable and not cowardly if you are to live in peace with yourself.” – Larry Brown
12. “I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it.” – Sandy Koufax
13. “Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win.” – Gary Lineker
14. “It’s not the will to win that matters—everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” – Paul Bryant
16. “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” – Dan Gable
17. “Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second.” – William James
18. “I’m tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.” – Shaquille O’Neal
19. “But I think when we play so often in finals, I think it adds something to the game, you know, because people sometimes miss it and sometimes they don’t have it and they want it, and when they have it, they don’t want it. It’s kind of very strange how that goes.” – Roger Federer
20. “Doctors and scientists said breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.” – Roger Bannister
22. “If you can believe it, the mind can achieve it.” – Ronnie Lott
23. “That’s great, tell him he’s Pele and get him back on.” – John Lambie
24. “I want to be a dad, first and foremost. I want to be a good father. I’ve spent so much of my life on the move and traveling around the world that just to set up a home for my family and be a good dad is something that motivates me.” – Ricky Ponting
25. “Whoever said ‘It’s not whether you win or lose that counts’ probably lost.” – Martina Navratilova
27. “Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one-yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown.” – Ross Perot
28. “The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.” – Les Brown
29. “Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.”– Jackie Joyner-Kersee
30. “A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning.” – Billie Jean King
32. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
33. “Never limit yourself, never be satisfied, and smile… It’s free!” – Jennie Finch
34. “The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose.” – Ernie Banks
35. “Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don’t move.” — Satchel Paige
38. “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” — Vince Lombardi
39. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
40. “I don’t have to wait for nobody, I move when I wanna move.” – Floyd Mayweather
43. “When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge.” – Terry Bradshaw
44. “If you have everything under control, you’re not moving fast enough.” — Mario Andretti
44. “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
45. “I want to rip out his heart and feed it to Lennox Lewis. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children.” – Mike Tyson